Friday, April 25, 2014

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3...

I talked with an elementary student just a couple of days ago. They have already begun their testing for the end of the year. I realized that there's about another month and a half of public school. So, it seems like there's about a month's worth of testing and then the kids can disengage just in time for summer break to begin. No wonder kids forget a few things during the summer - they've been given the expectation to turn off the learning. Hmm...
Actually, the first thing that came to mind while I was talking with this friend is 'that's a lot of testing'. I don't remember having a month's worth of tests when I was in elementary school. It was a week at most when we were in high school. And even then, it seemed like it was for only part of the day, and it was truly at the end of the school year. I think we had the last day to clean out lockers, sign yearbooks and then go home early.
I think our family will just keep learning, exploring, and creating - even through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment