Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Today

Today we did some learning items, danced to music, and have enjoyed a little bit of down time. Oh, and made cookies.
I loved the part where the kids were in the front room enjoying some music. I could hear them from the kitchen. (Anyone who has been in our home knows that I could have heard it from anywhere in the house...because our house is just a bit 'space challenged'.) It was fun to hear them enjoying the music and the moment. I remember thinking that we didn't have a formal lesson on music today - but, how great it was that the take away for today as far as music is concerned is the opportunity to enjoy it, sing it, act it out...whatever. All of that while making memories with your siblings. I was grateful to have the kids home. If they were all in different classrooms (and on different campuses) - they wouldn't have been able to have that experience or make that memory. I had a gratitude in my heart for kids who have memories with each other, despite the age differences. There are times I know that they would not 'hang out' with each other even if they all were home because it wouldn't be 'cool' to do so. I know someday I will miss those moments - but, I am grateful the opportunities for memories have been there. It made me want to be present as much as possible in my kids' lives. Today, 'music is a good thing' was reinforced.

No comments:

Post a Comment