Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kids' Opinion of Homeschool

Just this past week - one of the boys told his sister that she needed to change her behavior or she would 'have' to go to public school and sit at a desk all day.

We saw a friend from the charter school we used to be a part of today. She asked how homeschool was going. I answered that I loved it, while a couple of the kids chimed in that they liked it and it was 'going good'.

I mentioned the possibility of getting a job and asked the kids what they thought about it. The first line of questions was about school and that they'd have to go back to public school. They even said that they liked being homeschooled better and that they liked having me be their teacher.

I'm grateful my kids like what we're doing and feel good about it. It was great today to have a chance to hike and be out in nature with some other homeschool families. I'm sure a couple of people that saw us wondered why 'those kids' weren't in school. I'm also glad that homeschool is getting more acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment