Monday, January 18, 2016

Getting Started

Today we were doing a twenty minute clean up. Jonny was working on dishes. He made a comment about how we should just get in the habit of doing the dishes after a meal. Hmm...what a great idea. I told him that we used to be in the habit of cleaning up the kitchen after a meal - but, not so much anymore. And yes, we need to get back to that. There are routines we need to get back to and others that we need to incorporate into our day. I think it's great when the kids mention it. Well, I mostly do. If they're mentioning something sometimes it means we've hit a new low. That's the part I don't like. The part I do like is that they are thinking about issues and solutions. They are more invested in helping out if they understand the reason for it. I think that's big. So, I'm glad he mentioned something. We'll need to get on that one. We're meeting tonight. Maybe we'll discuss household routines. At least it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment