Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Figuring It Out

I was getting ready for the day wondering why I wasn't quite able to get things done. I was feeling like something was wrong with my brain...again. I have always struggled with accomplishing things, being productive, and procrastinating. I was wishing my brain worked differently. It was a moment of questioning why others are able to be productive and move through the tasks of their day. Questioning why I'm not able to do that. I can't seem to get a handle on the 'to do' list...right now I'm not even managing regular routines very well. As I was thinking all of this - a thought came to my head. It was a very clear, "There's nothing wrong with your brain. You just need to figure out how to use it.". I think most people might be offended if they were told they needed to figure out how to use their brain. It might be taken as a not so subtle hint that they weren't using their brain at all. For me, it made sense. It gave me some hope. I was being told that I am capable and just need to figure out strategies that work best for me. There is nothing wrong with my brain. It just doesn't work the same as those I see around me accomplishing their daily tasks, their annual goals, and their 'bucket lists'. Truthfully, most of the time I'm just trying to make it through the day. I don't have annual goals or a bucket list written down. I have thoughts about what I'd like to have happen - but, not really sure what to do with them as I make my clumsy attempt to make it to the end of the day. So, my new thing is going to be figuring out how my brain works and what strategies will work for me to conquer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment